Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Certified Organic
Yes
Tasting Awards
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - "Best of the Best" Best Lowland Blanco Tequila
2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - Best of the Best

Tequila Tierras Autenticas de Jalisco Blanco

Tequila Tierras Autenticas de Jalisco Blanco is a small batch Tequila made from carefully selected Blue Agave, grown in the "Authentic Lands of Jalisco". Certified Organic, it is processed in the traditional way and bottled at La Autentica distillery located in Tequila, Jalisco.

This hand crafted Tequila is produced using traditional methods that have been handed down for 5 generations through the Orendain Family.

Tequila Tierras & Autentica Tequilera are proud users of New Leaf Paper, post consumer waste fiber on packaging / labeling.

Custom-made wooden shipper boxes available in limited quantities (contains 4 Blanco, 1 Reposado, and 1 Anejo) shown below.

Photos by Tequila.net

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(4)
Initial Taste

92(4)
Body

91(4)
Finish

92(4)
Enjoyability

93(4)
Price

92(4)
Presentation

91(4)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tierras Blanco, (organic, kosher), is a mostly Lowlands Tequila made in the town of Tequila. The organic pinas are slow cooked in stainless autoclaves for 8-9 hours, fermented with natural agave yeast, then double distilled. I would have thought cooking time to be at least 24 to 48 hours, but apparently 8-9 hours is enough for Tierras blanco to blossom. Note: For those who care, Tierras is certified kosher as well as organic. However, the kosher certification mark is only a tiny circle next to the bar code on the rear label. Perhaps Tierras did not feel it pertinent to display on the front of their bottle, as do several other Tequila distillers.

Presentation: Handsome, old type, rum style clear bottle with salt and pepper hemp-jute cord neck wrapping, black wood cap with Agave plant emblazoned on top, heat-imprint decal front label. The multicolored rear label Agave plant graphic, gives this Blanco an ever so slight yellowish/greenish cast, but it is indeed clear.

Taste: Tierras Blanco has a solid, legitimate, agave presence right from the first taste. Pleasant, medium body, mouth coating, easy to drink. Flavors: Notes of white pepper, mild sweet agave, lemon/citrus rind zest, distant vanilla. Medium burn at the end, but smoother then I expected. Taste and style are reminiscent of Chimayo and Herencia Mexicana Blanco. Tierras is a good all around Tequila citizen and excellent for a near premium blanco. Good to both sip and mix. My bottle of Tierras on special was $17.99, 3-2-13. Can’t ever go wrong there. Nice value and solid quality. 91 overall.
S
1 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Just a good solid blanco for sipping or mixing.

Aroma: A bit of sweetness, but also floral notes.
Initial taste: Good agave flavor again with a bit of citrus and tiny bit of spice.
Body: Medium with consistent flavors throughout.
Finish: Nothing notable. Pretty smooth & light burn.

This is a very straightforward blanco. Blanco lovers should like it. I bought it for $20 at Hi Time. It's a bargain at that price...especially if you care that it is organic. Simple, yet cool bottle.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
(Updated: March 29, 2013)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Very nice nose on this blanco. Mostly agave, but a bit of floral and vegetal present. I'm not entirely sure, but I seem to get a common nose with these cerified organic brands, and this one included.

A sweet entry that resembles the nose. Lots of sweetness around the tip of the tongue. Nice body that I would call medium in weight, with a little oiliness that coats the tongue and mouth nicely. This has a very straight forward, no-nonsense taste; not a lot going on, but I appreciate the simplicity of letting the agave shine through.

A very enjoyable finish of fairly short duration. Minimal burn that goes down smoothly.

I really enjoy this blanco, especially for the price that I paid of $30. Definitely a worthy sipper that won't break the bank. A nice presentation with a simple bottle very tastefully decorated. I will be getting more of this.

EDIT: The price of Tierras has really dropped in my area. The blanco is now under $20, and they have a box set now of 6 bottles (4 blancos, 1 repo, and 1 anejo) for about $90.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

TEQUILA 100% agave Tierra's USDA Organic Blanco NOM 1502. Ok, so I finally got to try this when the price came down from $65.00 to 30.00 here in VA. I have just been loving this tequila. I keep coming back again and again to this bottle to finish the evening with a good taste. At $30.00 it really hits the spot. Nose is wonderful. Just the right amount of heat on the initial taste and after taste is not bitter with plenty on duration. I really like the simple but effective presentation with the colors blazing through from the back. I definitely going back for a few more at this sale price. Honestly I can find nothing wrong with this tequila. Don't pass this up especially if you can find it in this price range. I've only seen the blanco locally but do want to try the repo and the añejo.
Report this review Comments (1) | Was this review helpful? 1 0