Avion
NOM
Oven Type
Distillation Method
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Celebrity Affiliation

Tequila Avion Silver

Tequila Avión Silver is handcrafted using only the finest Blue Weber Agave found in the very highest regions of Jalisco.

The Agave grown at this altitude are among the most coveted plants for tequila production due to the region’s topography and its soil’s rich mineral content which lends a distinct quality and character to the spirit. The secret behind the exceptionally smooth taste profile of Tequila Avión begins with slow roasting the agave in traditional brick ovens followed by our unique small batch distillation process and culminates with a proprietary filtering method coined ‘ultra slow filtration’ during which the robust flavors become firmly set to the Tequila Avion Master Distiller’s specifications at an exact moment in time.  We call this the "moment of elevation".

2010 - "Entourage" (HBO Series) creator Doug Ellin plugs Avion Tequila for long time friend Kenny Dichter, owner of Avion. Entourage character "Turtle" travels to Mexico to help create a Celebrity Tequila for movie star "Vince Chase". After several seasons of Entourage product placement, consumers are finally realizing that Avion is an actual Tequila brand.

Photos by Tequila.net

User reviews

9 reviews

67%

33%
50-70 stars

0%
30-50 stars

0%
1-30 stars

0%
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

90(9)
Initial Taste

89(9)
Body

89(9)
Finish

88(9)
Enjoyability

90(9)
Price

88(9)
Presentation

91(9)
View all user reviews View most helpful
Solid Silver Tequila
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I was very pleased with the Avion Silver. It starts off a little soft, but the finish on it makes up with the pepper on the back end. I also loved the smooth drinkability and will definitely pick this up again.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted 01/29/15 from a Riedel Tequila Glass.
Aroma: Nice clean crisp aroma of roasted agave with citrus and floral notes.
Initial Taste: Very smooth and relatively mild creamy sweet agave with citrus, grassy and sweet fruit notes.
Body: Slow tears on glass and a buttery entry. The body is silky smooth and the flavors are well blended with no alcohol burn.
Finish: Medium-short finish of sweet agave and white pepper. It’s actually a little too smooth in that it does not have that great agave pepper kick that you want in a good blanco.
Price: RRP of $40

Avion Silver is a wonderful blanco that is dangerously easy to sip because it is so smooth. Its roasted agave is nicely complimented by hints of citrus, fruit and pepper, giving it a soft yet complex flavor that I could enjoy any evening. It is not cheap with a RRP of $40, which is more than I want to pay for a blanco. However, I won’t hesitate to pick another bottle if I see it on sale.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is a very solid tequila. I bought the 3 bottle sampler pack and this was my second favorite behind the reposado.

To this date I've been comparing all blancos that I try to Don Julio as it is my favorite so far. I like my blanco to be light and crisp I dunno if that's popular or not so just know that's how I judge things.

This has a nice clean bright smell to it which already told me that I should expect something good.

The taste is very balanced with a crisp citrus agave tone to it. To me this falls in the same lines as Don Julio and Patron not the best of the best but it's good enough to accomplish what you want to get done. I wouldn't put this ahead of Don Julio, but it would be a good alternative and cheaper and better tasting than Patron.

Bad, Good, Great? For me good, for what it is great!
T
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Top Pick
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is one of the best tasting tequilas that I have ever had. I greatly enjoyed it. Even as a blanco, it was full of flavor. It was quite extraordinary and I went through it in record time. I purchased a 750mL bottle for $36.99, which only added to the value. I mainly drank margaritas with it and loved every sip.

This tequila would easily get people to continue to drink Avion or tequila in general and should be in your rotation to try if you haven't already.
N
Top 50 Reviewer 22 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Avion was a contender in a Taste testing with friends and the other Silvers were Cava de Oro, El Don, Espolon, Karma and Siete Leguas. I pretty tough field of good Tequilas. Avion tied for third with Karma. El Don being first and Cava de Oro a strong second. Avion is very smooth slightly citrus with nice Agave sweetness at the finish just not as much body and initial taste as the top two. Also noticable was the finish wasn't as strong as Cava de oro but still a good value when it's on sale. I paid $45 for it and would consider buying it again for $35. overall rating 92
View all user reviews