Tonala Tequila Anejo

Hot
T February 11, 2007

93 (5)
33366 0 1 0 6
Tonala Tequila Anejo

Tonala Anejo Tequila

Tonala Anejo Tequila - Tonala 100% Agave is made from the best selected plants of Agave Tequilana Weber. This fine tequila enhances its smooth and delicate flavor after being aged a minimum of two years in sherry wood and used bourbon barrels. The beautiful decanter is hand painted and blown in the town of Tonala. The Stoneware is glazed inside to keep its rich, wonderful flavor intact.

User reviews

5 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

94(5)
Initial Taste

93(5)
Body

94(5)
Finish

92(5)
Enjoyability

93(5)
Price

93(5)
Presentation

96(5)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is just an all around good tequila with a ton a flavors and character that make it as unique as its bottle.

Aroma: Light agave nose with more pronounced fruit scents and nice spice (cinnamon)
Initial taste: Lighter than the nose. A light and pleasant flavor, but it doesn't prepare you for what's to come.
Body: Medium and mildly oily, but the flavors that come through at this point are amazing. The spices come through wonderfully and the agave flavor is the to compliment things every step of the way.
Finish: A nice, long spicy burn. The flavor lingers around for a long time and reminds you of how good this tequila is.

I bought it for $50 and the bottle and juice combo is well worth that price. I'll recommend it to tequila lovers and share with my closest friends. This is one to be savored.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aroma: Perhaps pears
Initial Taste: Excellent - smooth
Body: Full, reminds me of brandy
Finish: Easy, no fighting or distracting wince
Enjoyability: If I choose to share, it will only because I know it won't be wasted
Price: Spot on. Should I have given it a 100?
Presentation: In a Brandy snifer, slow tears with a tranquil yellow darker golden color
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. This anejo is pretty darn rich and creamy. Its flavors and aromas are very pronounced. An excellent sipper.

Aroma: A very cinnamon nose, with lighter hints of fruit.
Initial Taste: A semi oily mouth feel, theres no bitterness. Initial Taste is of cooked agave.
Body: Great body. Filled with cooked agave, fruit, cinnamon, smoke and spice.
Finish: A semi heated finish, of medium yet subtle duration. With a spicy cinnamon lingering.

Excellent anejo in my book.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a rocks glass on July 31, 2008 coating the glass.

Tonala Anejo

Color: golden brown
Aroma: burnt sugar
Taste: agave creme brulee with slight oil mouthfeel with a spicy finish

The Tonala anejo is very sweet with the taste of an aged rum with a hot long lasting finish. The Tonala rates up there with my favorite anejos as of this writing Sol Azul, Casa Noble or Don Julio 1942.
SP
Top 10 Reviewer 43 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Dark, rich and creamy this is an excellent anejo with a lot of flavor but nice and smooth. Great price and a must-have stoneware bottle for your collection.
DR
Top 50 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0