Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My all time favorite and not my all time favorite. Let me explain. I first purchased the single barrel from ABC spirits and it was so amazing I purchased the rest of the case off the shelf. Barrel #317. Brutal amazing vanilla notes on the nose. People in the room who don't even drink went nuts over the nose on this. Initial taste is good and the body and mouth feel could be a bit more oily for my taste. Leave all that aside because the finish is glorious. All the vanilla on the nose comes flooding back in followed with an earthy, leathery vibe. It's almost like you feel as if you've had a slice of dessert after dinner.

Now the bad part about single barrel. Something this hand crafted has its discrepancies. The next bottles ABC got in were barrel 344. Still quite excellent and embodies all of the masterful qualities of this single barrel. Super clean from being a triple distilled tequila that's seen resting time in a brand new unused barrel. But NOT as good as 317. Still at the same $45 price as the normal reposed this stuff is better and an absolute bargain. As amazing as it is authentic.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments