Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila 4 Copas Blanco tasted 3/16/08 in a Riedel glass. NOM 1457 La Quemada. I ordered this bottle from Hi-Time for $50.00. A lot of extra work goes into the creation of this virgin organic tequila before it ever hits your tongue. It shows, and I appreciate that. This blanco stands out in the crowd not because its necessarily better than the rest but because it's so good at being unique among other blancos. For tequila to rate exceptional in my book it must cover three bases well. Agave taste, tequila flavor, and alcohol balance. 4 Copas balances all three of theses quite nicely. Its pure cooked agave peppery taste and citrus nose are not overly intense. It has a very traditional tequila profile that is medium bodied, low in bitterness, and high in sweetness. Its perfect balance of alcohol burn and harshness make this an excellent sipper and mixer. The bottles beautiful deep azul gradient to clear glass and artwork presentation, especially when lit up, rounds out this top shelf addition to any bar.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments