Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I picked up a bottle of Tezon anejo after reading a favorable review in the Austin Chronicle. My wife and I drank it over a period of couple of months, mostly having an oz or two in a tequila glass before heading out for entertainment or football games. It's been a couple of weeks since I last drank any of this anejo, so I don't quite remember the aroma, but I do remember the taste and I had a very favorable impression. Initial taste is earth and agave with oak overtones, followed by a silky wash of caramel and vanilla. Smooth finish. The taste was great, but equally as important to me was that the buzz was quite clean, like that you would get from a quality vodka, only with the loco thing you get with tequila. Frankly, when drinking tequila, the alcohol high is just as important to me as the taste. Overall, this anejo ranks in the top quarter of tequilas that I have had and I have been a consumer of quality tequilas both in Texas and in Mexico for over twenty years. That makes me curious as to why my experience was so different than that represented by the previous review. Are there differences in the batches perhaps, or maybe just the tastes of the reviewers?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments