Ocho
NOM
Oven Type
Distillation Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Ocho Reposado

An estate-grown, 100% Blue Agave Tequila range, OCHO is produced as a collaboration between Tomas Estes (the man credited with bringing the first bottle of Tequila to Europe) and renowned distillers, the Camarena family. What's really unique about OCHO is that it bears the first ever 'Tequila vintage'. This 'Vintage' signifies the exact year or harvest and location of the Agave plants that the spirit was derived from, under-lining the finely balanced relationship between the terroir and quality of raw materials. OCHO Reposado is rested for precisely 8 weeks and 8 days for the unparalleled smoothness and complexity which mark a truly great sipping Tequila.

Most Tequilas are distilled for consistency, OCHO Single Estate Vintages will showcase complex nuances in nose and flavor year to year for each of their Tequilas. 'Single Estate' means all of the Agave are harvested from a single field, which bear the personality of the soil and climate. Each vintage will produce a limited number of bottles from a separate estate.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

93(3)
Initial Taste

94(3)
Body

95(3)
Finish

95(3)
Enjoyability

95(3)
Price

92(3)
Presentation

92(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

One of the the loveliest noses going. It smells the way a beautiful tequila should smell: lots and lots of agave, with a twist of citrus. Clean and uncomplicated. Mouthfeel is oily-rich and creamy. Taste is frontal sweet roasted agave, light citrus, a touch of herb (dill?), and just the faintest hint of wood - but the agave is so dominant it barely makes it into the repo category. Plenty big and spicy going down, with a terrific aftertaste of pepper, agave, and a whisper of smokiness, just to ensure you're drinking a repo. This is a very forward tequila from end to end. If you love pure full-on agave flavour, look no further. This is the one. Smashingly good!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 1
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

If you're a fan of blancos, this may soon become your favorite reposado. The differences between this reposado and the Ocho blanco are slight, although this one sits better on my palate and I think it's more balanced.

Aroma: Citrus and agave up front-and-center.
Initial taste: Sweet on entry and very balanced with the lightly oiled mouthfeel.
Body: One of the most agave-forward reposados I've ever experienced (and in a good way!).
Finish: Medium-to-long duration with a spicy finish.

The best part is that this tequila will never let you forget you're drinking an agave spirit. Beautifully balanced and delectable. Not the most complex reposado, but maybe the purest.
J
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 1
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. With a light golden/yellow color and great legs, this is one tasty reposado. 9 out of ten times the reposado of any line is my least favorite of any line. With Tequila Ocho, that isnt the case. I like it just as much as the rest of the line. I may not be able to afford a bottle every time I go shopping, but when I do purchase one, Ill savor every sip!

Aroma: Interestingly, a very light aroma of pine, and citrus.
Initial Taste: A semi oily mouth feel, no bitterness and a slight cinnamon for first taste.
Body:A very clean body (thats the best word I can find to describe it) full of agave, citrus, spice, and cinnamon.
Finish: A slightly heated finish of medium duration with a cinnamon/citrus lingering.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 6 0