Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

    I know most people donít like to mix good tequila, but me and a good friend do this from time to time. A 16 oz of Chelada and a good shot of El Tesoro. Must be nice a cold.

  2. #2
    MrAgave's Avatar
    MrAgave is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Re: Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

    Tequila and beer seem to go well together...

    I was talking with Juan Collado last week, he is the president of Tequila 1921, and he mentioned a drink that is Modelo (dark) and you drop a shot of the 1921 Creme in the beer and guzzle it. Supposed to be pretty good, not my style of drinking though, I'm too old for that stuff.

    One of you younger bucks try it and let me know what you think.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

    Modelo Nigra is one of my all time best.
    So I will have to try that one.

    Thanks Senor A

  4. #4
    MrAgave's Avatar
    MrAgave is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Re: Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

    oooo, SeŮor A, I like that one... maybe I should change my name.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Budlight chelada with some El Tesoro de don Felipe Reposado

    So I saw bud light lime at the gas station earlier....has that been out long and is it worth getting? I saw a 6 pack for 7.99
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
    So I saw bud light lime at the gas station earlier....has that been out long and is it worth getting? I saw a 6 pack for 7.99
    oh yah I tried it last year and I do enjoy it. I think would go well with tequila

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    I didn't like that or Miller Chill....

    I'm VERY picky on my beers...much like tequila. I like a good Imperial IPA or Imperial Stout, I also enjoy Belgian Abbey Ales and Smoked Porters. A good smoked porter goes side by side nice with an anejo. But I really try and keep the two seperate. Sunday - Thursday are beer days, I always have a cold one after work. But Friday and Saturday nights are my tequila nights when I try new stuff, mix up good cocktails...etc.
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area Florida
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
    I didn't like that or Miller Chill....

    I'm VERY picky on my beers...much like tequila. I like a good Imperial IPA or Imperial Stout, I also enjoy Belgian Abbey Ales and Smoked Porters. A good smoked porter goes side by side nice with an anejo. But I really try and keep the two seperate. Sunday - Thursday are beer days, I always have a cold one after work. But Friday and Saturday nights are my tequila nights when I try new stuff, mix up good cocktails...etc.
    Since sipping tequila is one of my favorite pastimes, I always have a nice chilled Mexican beer chaser close at hand. I like to change brands from time to time. Bohemia and Sol are probably my top two favorites followed by Dos Equis Amber, Modelo, Tecate and depending on mood, sometimes even a Carta Blanca does the job! Unfortunately when I'm out at a bar the pickings are slim as far as Mexican beer. Corona & Corona light may be the only choices available. Whatever the brand may be at the time I almost allways enjoy it with a local sweet, yet tart Florida key lime....there is nothing better!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

    Salud, Jim

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area Florida
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panchovilla78 View Post
    I know most people donít like to mix good tequila, but me and a good friend do this from time to time. A 16 oz of Chelada and a good shot of El Tesoro. Must be nice a cold.
    I came across some interesting info on the origin of the chelada and the michelada. I am quoting from a book that I read recently called "Liquid Mexico", Festive Spirits, Tequila Culture, & The Infamous Worm by Becky Youman & Bryan Estap. It's basically a light hearted book on the author's travels throughout various regions of Mexico.
    Quote: "At the Las Brisas Resort in Acapulco, known for catering to the rich & famous since the early 50's, the bartender Gonzalo says "chela is the slang word people use for beer. Chelada is a play on the words chela and helada. If somebody asks for a chelada I serve him a beer over ice with lime. A michelada is a chelada with salt & spices. Michelada means "my chelada". To make the hotel's version of a michelada, Gonzalo takes a chilled beer mug, runs a lime around the rim and dips it in a mixture of salt & chile powder. He then puts some ice cubes in the mug with a healthy shot of fresh lime juice and a couple of dashes each of soy sauce, chile pepper, and tabasco. He pours a Mexican beer of your choice over the mixture and stirs it with a few quick flicks of the wrist.
    So one would imagine that adding a shot of tequila to a beer is more of an American twist on the michelada......kinda like that Tequiza brand they came out with some years ago. I believe that was a low percentage of some kind of cheap sugary mixto blended with crap beer. At least if you are mixing a premium 100% agave tequila with a quality mexican beer, you come up with a much better version of a "michelada!"
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

    Salud, Jim

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by totallytequila View Post
    Since sipping tequila is one of my favorite pastimes, I always have a nice chilled Mexican beer chaser close at hand. I like to change brands from time to time. Bohemia and Sol are probably my top two favorites followed by Dos Equis Amber, Modelo, Tecate and depending on mood, sometimes even a Carta Blanca does the job! Unfortunately when I'm out at a bar the pickings are slim as far as Mexican beer. Corona & Corona light may be the only choices available. Whatever the brand may be at the time I almost allways enjoy it with a local sweet, yet tart Florida key lime....there is nothing better!
    I, too, love sipping tequila and Mexican beer. Sol, Dos Equis, and even dirt cheap Tecate works great. I used to be a big fan of English beers and still am, to some degree, but with the warmer temps these days, nothing beats an ice cold Sol, a squeeze of lime and a full snifter of anejo! Well...okay, maybe there is ONE other thing that can beat that combo but then again, that pretty much beats all things, don't it?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Penjamo Reposado and Hussong's Reposado
    By bn087 in forum General Tequila Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 1st, 2013, 07:27 PM
  2. Tesoro Azteca
    By Phatell in forum General Tequila Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
  3. El Tesoro Don Felipe - Question
    By Patron in forum General Tequila Discussions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 12:31 AM
  4. Tenampa Azul Reposado vs. El Jimador Reposado
    By gsars1 in forum General Tequila Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •