De Los Altos Tequila Reposado

T June 23, 2007

91 (2)
20576 0 1 0 1
De Los Altos Tequila Reposado

Tequila De Los Altos Reposado

De Los Altos Tequila is grown in Jalisco's Highlands, Los Altos, famous for their rich red clay soils, and is produced in the original ways of our ancestors, allowing us to get "The Spirit of the Agave". This reposado is 100% Blue Agave and rested up to one year in oak barrels.

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

85(2)
Initial Taste

90(2)
Body

88(2)
Finish

94(2)
Enjoyability

93(2)
Price

98(2)
Presentation

94(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another nice value brand. Great bottle and good distillery. I liked the anejo...let's see if the reposado is just as good.

Aroma: Light agave, fruit, vanilla and light pepper. A nice and pleasant, yet complex nose.
Initial Taste: Agave, vanilla and light fruit.
Body: Medium body with nice oils. Not really a dominant flavor. Agave, vanilla, fruit, pepper and wood. A very good reposado combo.
Finish: Just as you'd expect from the above descriptions. A trademark reposado finish with a bit of oak and a nice agave kick. A touch of chocolate and fruit are there too. A really complex finish for a value priced tequila.

This is probably one of my top 5 reposados under $30. The bottle is unique and good looking too. I know that this one may a bit tougher to find, but if you see it, I definitely recommend buying this one. It's flat out good stuff.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The best "inexpensive" tequila tried. A bit thin with its body and smell, however, can drink neat with no ugly face or fierce growl. If you like a Aunt Jemimah type cobalt bottle, you're in luck.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0