• La Cava de Don Agustin Tequila Blanco

La Cava de Don Agustin Tequila Blanco

Hot
T June 28, 2007

92 (5)
30557 0 1 0 1
La Cava de Don Agustin Tequila Blanco

Tequila La Cava de Don Agustin Blanco

La Cava de Don Agustin Blanco, 100% Agave Tequila that is bottled directly after distillation.

The hand selected agave is cooked using a slow steam process in stone ovens holding the proper temperatures for 72 hours, to obtain the maximum amount of sweet juices after cooking, using traditional crushing methods.

A laborious handcrafted Tequila, La Cava de Don Agustin is inherited with pride and passed on to the new generations with its attractive and exclusive presentation.

User reviews

5 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(5)
Initial Taste

91(5)
Body

92(5)
Finish

92(5)
Enjoyability

92(5)
Price

97(5)
Presentation

92(5)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aroma: Nice agave presence and mild alcohol nose with a hint of mint and citrus.
Initial Taste: Agave. Very simple. Very nice.
Body: Oils coat the mouth nicely. Pepper and earth compliment the tequila nicely for a clean and fresh taste.
Finish: The pepper lingers on nicely. Even though there's a bit of alcohol in the nose, there's no burn at all. Just a nice mild heat that every good blanco should have.

All in all, this is a really nice tequila. For under $30, it's a very good price. I'd rank this in my top 10 blancos for sure and possibly in the top 5. If you're a blanco lover, you should go out and get this one.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I tasted this tequila on three separate occasions from three separate bottles. I am relatively new to the world of tequila and by no means an expert. I must say the first bottle floored me. Not only do I think this was the best bargain, I thought this was one of the best blanco tequilas that I tasted BY FAR (and I've tasted Patron, Cabo, Los Abuelos, El Tesoro, Asombroso). I thought this was the smoothest, sweetest tequila that I've had. Creamy was the best way to describe it. The reviews below were dead-on. On the downside, however the next two bottles did not have the same great taste (by my personal standards), good but not as good. The differences being that it had a slightly bitter aftertaste with less initial sweetness, not creamy. Almost an aftertaste of how gravel smells. Overall, for half the price of the local staple, Patron, a great blanco and a sure regular on my shelf. I also ordered the reposado and anejos by Don Augustin. Has anyone noticed any consistency issues with this line, or was I just spoiled by my first bottle? I'm giving this an A+ on the first bottle and and a B+ on the next two for an overall 92.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

La Cava De Don Augustin, tasted 6/11/08 at 3:45pm out of a Riedel glass.

Presentation: Simple Yet Effective, nice labeling and box for an unbeatable price of 25.00/750ml. The aromas were strong peppermint with earthy tones. And a very balanced aroma of fresh agave. The initial taste was much expected; very creamy upon entrance followed by hints of pepper and spice while still retaining its natural sweetness. The oils linger for a nice mouth feel and contribute to the lingering aftertaste. Overall I rate this an A/A-
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 4 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aroma: hints of mint and agave
Initial taste: again minty with hints of agave
body: slight citrus and agave
finish: very smooth and clean
This is one of my favorite Tequilas. It has a taste all unto itself. The price CANNOT be beat. I almost dont want to share this, I consider it a best kept Tequila secret!
And even thought, I dont put too much emphasis on presentation, this product has a good one!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Reserva La Cava De Don Agustin Blanco, NOM 1456. Crystal clear color with long legs extending to the top of the glass. Moderate agave nose with nice depth, slight alcohol, & very clean. Complex smoky sweet with spicy cinnamon & slightly creamy initial taste. Medium body with flavors of pepper & spice. The finish starts @ the tip of the tongue, rolls across the middle, & leaves with a nice open sensation. The smoothness of this tequila carried all the way through the entire tasting & finished with a nice warm glow. This is the best value, in recent years, I've ever found for a 100% de Agave tequila, $22.95 for a 750 ml bottle. Top shelf. A-/A
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0