Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I tasted this tequila on three separate occasions from three separate bottles. I am relatively new to the world of tequila and by no means an expert. I must say the first bottle floored me. Not only do I think this was the best bargain, I thought this was one of the best blanco tequilas that I tasted BY FAR (and I've tasted Patron, Cabo, Los Abuelos, El Tesoro, Asombroso). I thought this was the smoothest, sweetest tequila that I've had. Creamy was the best way to describe it. The reviews below were dead-on. On the downside, however the next two bottles did not have the same great taste (by my personal standards), good but not as good. The differences being that it had a slightly bitter aftertaste with less initial sweetness, not creamy. Almost an aftertaste of how gravel smells. Overall, for half the price of the local staple, Patron, a great blanco and a sure regular on my shelf. I also ordered the reposado and anejos by Don Augustin. Has anyone noticed any consistency issues with this line, or was I just spoiled by my first bottle? I'm giving this an A+ on the first bottle and and a B+ on the next two for an overall 92.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments