Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

MuchoTE Reposado NOM 1414 Tasted on 3/2/08 at 4:35pm. MuchoTE Reposado was donated to me by the owners of the company but is estimated to be at a shelf cost of $30 a bottle. I tasted this tequila in my home and used a Riedel glass for tasting. The bottle is similar to a normal bottle and is very basic. The company philosophy is that they put everything into the tequila and do not distract you with the bottle which would add to a higher cost. MuchoTE ages their Reposado for at least 7 months which causes it to be a pale yellow, golden color. Intense aromas of this tequila include floral accents that are followed by moderate notes of fruit. Deeper in the aroma are hints of earth and a minimal hint of caramel. In the mouth, the Reposado is smooth (in a good way) and is mellow and soft on the tongue. While the tequila is somewhat sweet, there is only a slight hint of bitterness. When examining the flavors of MuchoTE, first impressions include intense floral accents with a good amount of agave. On a second sip, I noticed moderate flavors of fruit. When searching for deeper flavors upon tasting the tequila, one can taste hints of earth and wood followed by a slight hint of caramel on the back end. This tequila finishes with a medium to long duration of flavor and subtle numbing alcohol intensity. I awarded MuchoTE Reposado the rating of 92 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments