Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

About 6 months ago, I fell in love with the Técnico Añejo. While I generally don't gravitate toward the dessert tequilas, that one just seemed to hit the sweet spot. Along with its sister brand Arrogante, NOM 1467 is producing some really good tequilas at some really nice prices. My expectations are high, let's see if this lucha libre inspired bottle can live up to them.

Price: $30/bottle

Aroma: A nice nose of agave, light baking spice and a hint of vanilla. It's off to a good start.

Initial Taste: Sweet cooked agave and vanilla are the biggest flavors.

Body: The oak/barrel flavors creep in a bit more. There's a richer vanilla creme brulee type flavor and a hint of bitterness from the oak that gives a bit of dark chocolate and hazelnuts.

Finish: The nuts and dark chocolate seems to linger on forever with just a hint of spice to go along with it. There's still a bit of sweetness to compliment, but the flavors from the wood are the most forward.

Técnico Reposado lived up to the billing and again provided a great profile for a great price. The bottle is a winner too with great artwork and a cool luchador stopper. Don't hesitate to go out and buy anything from this brand...or anything from NOM 1467 as well.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments