Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is the last of the Z tequila line for me to try. I liked the anejo and really liked the blanco. I'm normally a reposado drinker first, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Aroma: The nose is very light and subtle. There's agave pepper and just hints of flowers, vanilla and oak.
Initial Taste: Sweet and spicy. Very agave forward with a light taste of vanilla and citrus.
Body: Thin body for a reposado. There's a slight bitterness from the oak to go along with the vanilla/fruity sweetness and agave spice.
Finish: Medium-short finish. The agave pepper kick is still there and the woody bitterness remains as well. There's no alcohol burn at all and it's a pretty pleasant finish.

This is a pretty good tequila...especially when you can factor in the price. It's a fairly basic reposado. Perhaps it's unfair of me to be comparing it to its unaged brother, but it's not Z's strongest tequila. Maybe I was expecting too much. This would work well as an everyday sipper and profiles well as a high end mixer as well. It's very good for being under $30 and it's smooth enough for any spirit lover.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments