Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I'll start off by saying that NOM 1414 is one of my favorites. A ton of really good tequilas come from there. IMO, this is not one of them. It wasn't awful, but didn't live up to expectations.

Aroma: Pleasant. Agave, light oak and spice (cinnamon...which seems to be prevalent in 1414 juices)
Initial Taste: A bit of agave and citrus fruit. Nothing spectacular to note.
Body: Agave, Wood and a bit of spice. The alcohol burn overtook the flavors a bit too.
Finish: A good tequila should leave you warm. This one finished with an alcohol burn that seemed to last a while. It wasn't really pleasant and took away from the overall enjoyability for sure.

It wasn't a bad tequila and by no means am I going to throw the rest of the bottle away. The spice content along with the biting alcohol flavor might lead to a good mixing tequila after some mellowing on the rocks.

I'm not a big fan of a the screw top wine bottle look for tequilas. I like to see something that just for some reason either looks a bit more classy or "authentic." For the price, there's other tequilas that are better on the tongue and look better on the shelf too.

TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments