Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tried in "Diego's" in Las Vegas, medallion states "Diego's", so it is their own personal barrel.
Like the standard reposado (the ceramic bottle, I have yet to try the new glass bottle) it was smooth with a light agave taste, easy finish with no burn. What was different was the "creamy" flavor I get from the standard reposado, was not present in this single barrel. That one aspect makes me rate the standard a tad higher.
The single barrel is enjoyable and I would love to be able to purchase it for the Casa Noble suggested retail cost of $54.95. Unfortunately since this was Diego's own barrel, and a bar in Las Vegas, they set their bottle price at $275. Since the pricing is so ridiculously outrageous, I had to rate it as low as it can go, but that is not a reflection on the tequila itself.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 07, 2010
I have since received my own bottle of this Tequila : Barrel #403 Bottle #26/360.
I found this bottle to be virtually identical to Diego's. A bit thinner on the mouthfeel and less of the buttercreme flavor than the standard reposado. This is still a fantastic tequila. I wish I could readjust my rating on the price because I think it unfairly marks down the overall rating. It was purchased for about $57 (taxes included) which I consider to be more than reasonable.
J
jasonrm72
1 results - showing 1 - 1