Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Today is my birthday. For my birthday, you'd better believe that I'm going to drink something special. It's not secret that I'm in love with the Corrido line of tequilas. In my opinion, it's the best tequila out there for the money. Let's see what happens now when the price goes up along with the aging...

Price: $80-100/bottle

Aroma: Cooked agave, caramel, berries and a hint of wood.

Initial Taste: Sweet agave, caramel and oak.

Body: Very thick and oily body. Caramel, wood and slight spice. So easy to drink that it's frightening.

Finish: A nice long and woody finish. It's a smooth and velvety finish. The caramel and dark chocolate flavors from 3 years in the barrel linger for a nice, long time.

I love the entire Corrido line. I will stand by the statement that I think that their anejo is the best anejo out there for the money and is probably in my top 3 tequilas I've ever tasted.

The biggest question with an XA is always: Is it worth the money? Standing alone, this XA is definitely worth the $80 price tag. However, when compared to the anejo, I'd rather have 2 bottles of that, but you know where I stand with that one. The bottom line is that you should check out the entire Corrido line of tequilas. They're simply some of the best tasting and best value tequilas on the market today.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments