Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Herencia Historico 5 year Extra Anejo 100% de Agave 38% ABV, Bottle No. 3654 Lot # TA2870 NOM 1124. This award winning tequila is probably the darkest and most flavorful anejo I have tried. The appearance is a rich warm golden root beer brown color. The aroma is heavy sweet bourbon whisky, ripe fruit, raisin, and plum. First taste is tobacco, caramel, vanilla, spice, earth, and woody ash. I also picked up hints of rye and cloves. Unmistakable are the sherry and bourbon influences from the aging process revealing a sharpness that is on the bitter side. It has a subtle sweetness and a complex mouth numbing woody aftertaste of medium duration with agave fading warmly. There's a lot going on with this busy tequila yet it manages to maintain a nice agave foundation, even if at times I had to look for it. My bottle came with the simple version of the 'barrel' wood and glass case with the sliding door and etched commemorative Riedel glass. The bottle itself is interesting with foil labels and glass cork stopper. Overall a solid intense dark tequila experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments