Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Casa Noble Crystal. 100% triple distilled. NOM 1137 La Cofradia. Tasted 10/18/08 in a Riedel glass. I bought this tequila from WineChateau.com for $35.00. This tequila earns the name crystal with its clear colorless appearance. A complex and unique nose that is sweet with clove, ginger, and ginsing and an overall deep musky agave note. This is maybe one of the most multi faceted blancos I've tried. Aroma, taste, and finish come alive in this true agave spirit. There is nothing boring about is blanco. First taste is peppery, citrus, young and green. The mouthfeel is smooth and silky but with immediate legs on the glass. A mellow agave taste heavy and oily on the tongue. A sweet creamy flavor midway that quickly fades into a fair amount of bitterness in the aftertaste with heat developing on the end. CNC from beginning to end is definitely a most unique experience. I've not come across another blanco quite like it. I do not use this tequila in a margarita, but enjoy its nuances and three pronged alure as a sipper. Nice easy to grip bottle with a embossed foil label and stopper. A simple but effective presentation.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments