Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted 10/26/07 side by side with Gran Patron in Riedels. Looking at the two tequilas in the glass, the clarity and legs were exactly the same. First smell picked up a sweet citrus, and with a deeper, slower nose I noticed a honey and a slight agave and alcohol burn. First taste had moderate heat, sweet, very smooth and mild with no bitterness. With the second taste I got more agave and a peppery sweetness. The finish was a super clean agave favor with a low to moderate heat and alcohol end. I was surprised at how close it was to The Gran Patron in smoothness and drink ability. This is very sip able tequila. Tezon went for a special presentation with this nice bottle. The dual side metal plaques, necktie hang tag and individually numbered bottles. (The genuine Tahona wheel/cork combo stopper seems a magic trick in itself!) I paid $62.00 but have since seen it online for nearly half that. I'm sure the packaging plays a part in the higher price but I feel this tequila is on par with some of the best blancos. Overall I was very impressed and think it's definitely worthy of your consideration. If you like your blancos on the stronger side you may not love it. It's going to be one of my new favorites.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments