Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is not a typical blanco, and not a typical nose...and I don't mean that in either a good or bad way. There is some sweet cooked agave in there, but I mainly get yeast - bread...maybe sourdough. It's really like nothing else, so hard for me to compare. Once it hits your mouth, the typical Cuervo taste kicks in - more yeast with some sweetness, but I'm not a fan. Again, it's hard to compare this; it's not that this is awful, but I just don't care for the JC taste. Moving on, actually a nice velvety body with this platino, and a nice, mild mouth-numbing. Overall, a very above-average body. Hard to rate the finish here; on the one hand, it is smooth with a medium-to-long duration of good quality; on the other hand, it has the classic Cuervo taste and lingering.

This is really tough to measure for overall enjoyability. My scores jumped around a lot. It has a nice body and a decent finish from a physical aspect, but the JC taste is not my thing. Price really fails on this product. It has an ultra-premium price wherever you find it, and it simply is not worth it. If you can find it at a 'bargain' of, say, $40 or less, it might be worth having in your collection, but not as a go-to blanco. A very elegant bottle normally packaged in a nice wooden box. The label is colorful and artful.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments