Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Z Tequila is a smaller brand that may be a bit lesser known, but made a splash at this year's San Francisco spirits competition. Any time I can get my hands on something that wins a Double Gold for under $30, you can be sure that I'm going to check it out.

Price: $25-30/bottle

Aroma: A great big agave nose on this one. Complimentary smells of floral and grassy notes with black pepper...and just a touch of extra sweetness like a vanilla.

Initial Taste: A nice clean agave forward entry. Citrus and mint hints make it really crisp and sweet.

Body: Medium to thin body, but it has some oiliness to coat the palate. There's a great agave pepper kick there that you want in a good blanco.

Finish: Medium length finish that brings all of the clean agave notes to the forefront again. The complexities are subtle, but they worth well with the agave forward flavors. A very nice finish to a splendid blanco.

This is a tequila lover's blanco. Big agave notes and a clean entry and smooth finish with the signature pepper kick that you want in a good blanco. Add in the fact that you can find this around $25 or so...and sign me up. Well done Pepe!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments