Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted 2/27 at tasting event, from plastic cup, and 3/01 from Riedel.

I will use the tasting notes derived from my Riedel glass, with only some mention of the first tasting.

Light agave on the nose, with notes of white pepper and green vegetation. Not unpleasant, but seemingly a little light for me.

The initial taste is almost non-existent, as it passes over the front of the tongue without much of any taste at all. The mouth feel is a bit thin, but acceptable. Not until the liquid hits the middle of the tongue do you really get any flavor (at least in my case, and this was noted during both tastings). Once the flavor comes it's not bad, which is why my ratings get better the further back in the mouth it goes. Decent agave, with some bell pepper and very mild white pepper spiciness. The finish is fairly long, a tad bitter, but probably the nicest part of a sip. To me there's just something missing from the front end of this blanco, like they somehow cut out the first 1/3 of the full flavor profile. I was anxious to try a proper tasting with real glassware, but it only confirmed my first impressions. At a price of $40-45, I can't really recommend it base on the fact that there are too many other options that are better and less expensive. I do like the frosted bottle with the clear window showing the graphic printed on the back, but a pretty bottle does not a good tequila make.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments