Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I had my brother pick this up for me in NY for $49.99 (750 ml), which I feel like is a great value for this caliber tequila, especially given the handmade tradition they employ at El Tesoro (great video on their website). I prefer to sip straight up typically, which is how I drank this.

El Tesoro never adds water to their tequila to achieve proper proof, and that is, to me, very obvious in tasting this fine tequila. The most notable scents are wood/oak and agave, and because of their methods are almost the only scents there, along with a subtle alcohol smell. This is probably the most pronounced oak/agave combination I've tasted as both are very pronounced.

The initial taste was, again, oak and agave, and even a bit of honey and carmel. The body is a bit less complex than many others at this price point, but the agave flavor can certainly be appreciated. The wood was a bit too pronounced for me and almost too oaky, but made up for by the delicious balance of the agave. Great finish with very little burn, along with a great aftertaste.

While I have an appreciation of this tequila it wouldn't be one of my favorites to sip. Definitely worth trying though! I think it will make any tequila loved appreciate the art of tequila making even more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments