Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Don Eduardo Anejo, NOM 1119, tasted 10/25/08 out of a snifter. While this will not be one of my usual tequila reviews I just wanted to report about my experiences during dinner recently at Abuelo's Restaurant. While waiting to be seated I went to the bar to look over the tequila selection. The bartender showed me the "sipping menu". It included several from the Herradura line only. I was surprised to see Seleccion Suprema as the top offering at $29.00 for a neat shot. I also noticed on a bar shelf the Don Eduardo Anejo which was not on the list. I ordered the Platinum Margarita made by special request with the Don Eduardo. Since it made such a good margarita I decided to order a snifter/shot neat which was $10.00. The tequila was presented with sangrita, which I had never had before. It was a very interesting taste combination that I thought brought out more of the anejos flavor. I was surprised by the Don Eduardo as a solid and balanced anejo, not too sweet, with a mature cooked agave presence and a nice heat throughout. Mellow notes of wood, vanilla, and spice made this and enjoyable tequila that went great with my meal. I would not hesitate to buy this anejo and give it a high B.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments