Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Querido Viejo Anejo NOM 1431 Tasted on 3/7/08 at 11pm. I tasted this tequila at my house in a Riedel glass from a bottle I was given by the kind folks at Querido Viejo. Each bottle is numbered and comes in a rustic wooden box with a custom bottle stopper. While the bottle comes with the custom bottle stopper, I would not recommend using it. The stopper does not properly seal the bottle and, thus, I would not recommend using it for anything other than short term use. The tequila is a yellow golden color and has intense aromas of floral and fruit. Less apparent aromas include moderate earth and caramel followed by vanilla and spice. Initial aspects of the tequila are a medium to heavy mouth feel that provides a mellow and soft sensation on the tongue. Upon first taste, the tequila has no bitterness and a moderate level of sweetness. Flavors of Querido Viejo Anejo include intense caramel followed by moderate to intense agave, earth, and floral aspects. Finishing with moderate vanilla and mild aspects of wood, this tequila experience comes to an end with a long duration of flavor and numbing alcohol intensity with a refreshing amount of caramel on the backend. In my opinion, this tequila is well worth trying and using my rating scale I have award Querido Viejo Anejo tequila with the rating of 92 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments