Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I am impressed. Don't even know where to start with this one...I suppose I should begin with how the bartender quoted me $25 for a shot but was quickly corrected by the other bartender: "No, that one is $50 per shot." After I expressed disinterest, they agreed to do $25 per shot and I said bring it on! I had seen this bottle at a local Mexican restaurant for the last 3-4 years, not a popular mover due to price. My pour was to the top of a big shot glass. Initial nose was as-expected: very much like a fine Bordeaux wine; sweet smelling but with a nice presence of distilled spirits. No agave on the nose that I could find. Sipping yielded a very elegant texture (think port) delivering a sweet complexity on the front of the pallet: raisins, vanilla, and very light citrus. The agave made its presence on the sides and back of the tongue, but it went very well with the sweetness; nothing too overpowering and certainly no burn or bitter bite. I think this stuff was smoother than anything I've ever tried; I would liken it to a high-end Cognac. The finish is complex and full, fading just in time to invite the next taste which I thoroughly enjoyed as well. The price is high, but for special occasions it's very comparable to high-end Scotch, Cognac, etc... and I think it just might be better. Don't hesitate on this one. Try it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments