Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

After doing my last review, I'm certainly willing to admit that there's time when the old stuff is better. Well if that's going to be true in this case, my head might explode and #459 might be my last one. My love for NOM 1414 is well chronicled. If this can't beat the current stuff coming out of there, I will be very impressed. Let's go....

Price: $40-50/bottle (MSRP)

Aroma: To be completely honest...it's not good. It's got an odd honey & fruity sweetness combined with a medicinal note. Doesn't smell slow cooked at all. Almost like something that was made with a diffuser.

Initial Taste: A lightly sweet honeyed and floral first taste on the front of the palate. Interesting, but there's not much agave flavor. It's almost candied. But at least the medicinal note is gone.

Body: A bit thin bodied and the floral notes are still very strong with the light spice that comes in.

Finish: A fairly sweet finish. The candied notes of almost cane sugar are strong and there's just a touch of bitterness from the wood. It's probably the best part of this tequila.

From the notes, it shouldn't be tough to tell that I like the most green and agave flavors of most current NOM 1414 offerings. It's a bit odd how sweet it is and while the honeyed and floral aspects are unique, they overshadow the agave flavors. It reminds me a bit of Tequila Ancestra, which is good, but not worth seeking out at a premium IMO. If you have a bottle of this, open it and enjoy it. If not, spend your money elsewhere rather than seeking this out at 2-3x the original price. Salud!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments