Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My first experience with Antiguo turned out to be pleasant surprise. This brand is owned by the beverage giant, Brown Forman (NOM 1119) and can be found pretty much anywhere that has a decent tequila selection. Bottle is unassuming and there's a screw cap, but looks can be deceiving. There's only one way to find out...

Price: $20-25/bottle

Aroma: Faint agave with ripe fruit (pears) and caramel.

Initial Taste: Sweet agave with light fruit and large amounts of caramel. Sugary, but tasty.

Body: Fairly thin body. The fruit and vanilla/caramel combine to make a bubble gum-like flavor. Interesting and it tastes fine, but doesn't really taste like tequila.

Finish: Not much finish to speak of. The fruit and sweetness is there with a hint of mint, but there's not much agave on the linger.

This tequila is priced about perfectly. The flavors are not really traditional, but the profile is unique. It's not necessarily something that I would go back to often, but it's also something that I might pour for someone who is looking for something different. At $20-25, it's worth checking out. I think this might be a good añejo mixer as well.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments