Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is my last review of the Tequila Tapatío line. I always feel like I'm getting a bonus with this brand because the bottles are 1L and I'd definitely recommend them at the prices for a 750ml bottle. 33% more deliciousness...for free! While I haven't yet tasted the añejo, I've tasted its younger and older siblings and enjoyed them all. I feel fairly certain that I'll enjoy this one, but I'll also be sad that there's no more expressions to treat my taste buds with.

Price: $38-45/bottle

Aroma: A great trademark aroma from NOM 1139 of lowland agave, honey, vanilla and spice.

Initial Taste: Sweet and spicy. The sweetness is agave, vanilla and fruit. The spicy is the pepper and wood. Nice entry.

Body: A medium body that isn't too oily, but there's lots of flavor. There's a green element from the lowland agave that just works well with the sweetness and spice from the aging. Well balanced.

Finish: A nice, long linger full of vegetal notes, spice and wood. Delicious and long finish.

Despite this being an añejo, it really maintains the elements of the agave well...much like a very good reposado. This juice is lighter in color as well, so that may mean a bit less time in the barrel. If you've ever tasted the Tapatío 110, you will notice many of the same notes in the strong green agave flavor. If you're looking for super sweet, this is not the tequila that you're looking for. It tastes very natural and vegetal, but is has great additional flavors from the aging. The añejo is great...the entire line is great. Another job well done by Carlos Camarena and his team!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments