Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The first thing that attracted me to this tequila was the box it came in. On the top and sides it said "Tlaquepaque Tequila." Well, I had been to this suburb of Guadalajara and I never saw Tres Rios there. I bought the bottle in Salisbury, Maryland and brought it back home (Va. Beach, Va.) to taste test. This was about three years ago in 2010. Over the past few years I have purchased a lot of tequila and sometimes it takes me an extended period of time to write up my tasting reviews. This is the case with Tres Rios.
Let me say that I am always suspicious when a tequila is introduced with an endorsement from a famous person. The term "Kiss of Death" comes to mind, but I am open-minded and try just about everything - so here goes. In a Riedel glass, Tre Rios Anejo has a nice honey/champagne color. The legs are varied and do not run symmetrically down the glass. Giving the tequila sufficient time - there remains spotting, like rain drops on a window pane. Aromatics are light with fruit, toffee and butterscotch overtones. The initial taste is quiet alcoholic and the liquid coats the tongue. teeth and palate. I tasted spices, leather, wood and possibly a bit of smoke. In other words, this tequila smelled one way and tasted another. On the finish or second swallow - the alcohol remained strong and lingered throughout the tasting. Tres Rios Anejo is a good tequila (at a reasonable price) and the bottle lends itself to pouring caballitos again and again. Really good to sip with sangrita between glasses. I add a few drops of lime to each shot - just to mellow the taste.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments