Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I confess to being a little prejudiced in my judgement of this tequila. I believe it to be one of the best anejos ever offered on the market and I've probably drunk more of it than anyone else alive today. Unfortunately it is no longer available except for occasional finds in dusty backrooms of a few liquor stores (or maybe not). I may actually own some of the last bottles left that are available (I currently have five). This tequila combines the proper amount of bite at the same time as it provides a beautiful, slightly congacy like flavor, with a very smooth finish. In my mind, if you're going to drink anejo, this is the way it should be. There is something about the extra bite that makes it more tequila like than some of the super smooth, more aged products (Don Julio 1942, Casa Nobles, etc.) which sometimes seem more cognac like than tequila like. You get distinctive hints of the agave plant in it as well. This also used to be the best bargain around. I originally was able to purchase this for as low as $30/bottle (by the case). Unfortunately, now that it is no longer in production, the price has skyrocketed. My last find of 6 bottles in a place in San Francisco (I took everything they had) cost me $125/bottle (not to mention the shipping costs to get it back home). My wife was able to score a couple of bottles for me a few years ago but they cost even more ($150). Not sure it(or any tequila)is worth these prices but I have such a fondness for it that I don't mind paying.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 18, 2012
Wow, I'm bummed it's no longer available. Found this in a couple of airports in Mexico a few years back, one of the best sipping tequilas I've come across. Was never able to find it in the US, figured it was only available down there, and I haven't been back since the last bottle I purchased. In fact I remember it was the only bottle available in that airport.

Anything else that's close?
D
dra4bux
1 results - showing 1 - 1