Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Amate Anejo NOM 1137. Tasted 2ozs. from a snifter at my home tequila bar on 4/7/09. Color: Golden amber Aroma-Nose: Intensely powerful alcohol burn to the nostril with secondary hints of vanilla & floral. Initial Taste: Sweet yet mild agave presence followed by a strong alcohol attack with a secondary caramel blast that engulfs the entire palate. Body: Light to oily mouthfeel with thin to medium legs running down the sides of the snifter. Finish: Sweet yet very mild smokiness that engulfes the palate followed by a strong numbing alcohol burn on the back end. Smoothness: Stronger emphasis on consistant numbing alcohol burn on the tongue rather than the smoothness desired from aging more than one year in white oak. Quality/Price: IMO, at retail $46.99, I was expecting a much smoother overall agave & oak presence from a distilery with that type of pedigree. It's lack of earth and agave truely left me wanting more oak, more smoke, and just more overall punch. Presentation: Short, squat type bottle with nice gold lettering and a thick, fat natural cork stopper with metal cap.
T
Top 50 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments