Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I bought this in Indiana for around $57 I believe. Good value at that price. I love this bottle - very cool. The cork doesn't feel very tight, but it's definitely a sharp looking bottle and looks sweet in the collection... and of course that means nothing without great taste, and this has that as well. In all honesty I was a slight bit disappointed with this after reading the reviews, but that's not to say this isn't excellent. Mostly I just wished it had a touch more agave presence, and was a little smoother. Just about anyone who appreciates fine spirits will enjoy this, but IMHO it is a little lacking for a fine anejo. I reviewed Trago's anejo recently and that may have tainted my review of this because I believe it is a bit better for a tequila in the same price range. The aroma is very nice - carmel, a hint of oak, floral, and butter all of which are present in the body. Initial flavor is nice, decent finish. Overall, this is a very good tequila, in the upper echelon of anejos, but not among my very top favorites I don't think, although I could easily see some people loving it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments