United States T Tequila.net July 09, 2007 15345
Overall rating

Agave Spirit Selection

Food

Price

Knowledge - Service

Ambiance

Date reviewed: Friday, 7/27/07, 8pm.

I really thought, going into this place, that it would be incredibly overpriced. In Vegas, it is not uncommon to see wine mark-up of over 300-400% and I was worried that my favorite tequilas would be too pricey for me to feel comfortable buying. This was certainly not the case. The prices per serving were very comparable to El Carmen in Hollywood (which I find quite reasonable). My standard for calibrating the prices is always Herradura Seleccion Suprema which was $35 here.

The service was excellent and knowledgeable - they didn't appear surprised or taken aback when I asked that the tequila be poured at the table. I did ask that blancos be served in caballitos while reposados and anejos be served in snifters, and I got my first reposado in a caballito. But I forgave her and it was never wrong again and my wife told me that I was a tequila snob.

I was also happy that when I asked them to make recommendations, they were willing to let me taste for free before buying (or not).

Overall I would give this place a B+/A-. The Ambiance is something you would find at any chain Mexican restaurant. We only had tacos and they were fine. And I would have liked to see a bit more selection in brands. Of the 2 tequila bars on the strip, I give this one a slight edge over "The Tequila Bar" at Bally's only because of a slightly better selection. They are both worth hitting up if you are in Vegas, though.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments