NOM
Extraction Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Facebook Page
Twitter Page

Crótalo Tequila Añejo

Crótalo Añejo Tequila is double barrel aged for just over 2 years using our proprietary aging process. The first year is aged in French Oak while the remaining time is aged in our proprietary barrel. Aging in the combination of barrels matures and mellows the Tequila in both aroma and flavor. Crótalo Añejo Tequila can be sipped like a fine Scotch or Brandy.

Crótalo Tequila is a traditionally crafted, limited production premium tequila. One hundred percent blue agave is hand selected and harvested with a coa by our jimadors, ensuring that only the finest pínas are used to produce Crótalo Tequila. It is our attention to tradition and detail that provides Crótalo Tequila with character, taste and quality that are unmatched. We showcase Crótalo Tequila in artisan glass blown bottles with labels that are applied by hand.

Photo by TEQUILA.net

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

96(4)
Initial Taste

95(4)
Body

95(4)
Finish

95(4)
Enjoyability

95(4)
Price

94(4)
Presentation

95(4)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

An incredible aroma, like a big bowl of fresh fruit (lots of pear). As it rests in the glass, the nose becomes more complex, releasing notes of spice, agave and vanilla. The mouthfeel matches the thick pour of this tequila - it sits like butter on the tongue. Taste is agave, vanilla, and some light fruit (that may be more from the nose), and there's a nice peppery blast that's terrifically spiky on the tongue, which fades into long-lasting notes of soft spice, agave and fruit - it's a great finish. As advertised, this tequila is indeed "strikingly smooth". Absolutely fantastic.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

After being a bit disappointed in the blanco, I was hoping this anejo might be better.

A wonderful nose that was fruity with slight spice, very nice. The taste had less fruit, but more agave and spice that really tasted good. Body was medium, slightly thin for an anejo, but still nice. The finish was well balanced with a nice backdraft. I definitely wanted to go back for more.

Overall, a very nice, well-balanced tequila with enough complexity to keep my interest throughout. A premium juice that is worth the price.
nice bottle, unique
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I quite enjoyed this anejo. I must admit, my preference as of late seems to lean towards the aged tequilas.

The aroma gave me fruit, wood and vanilla. This was echoed in the initial taste along with spices. This tequila coats the tongue nicely, allowing the flavours to continue to be enjoyed as it progresses.

I would recommend this to a friend.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My last review of the Crotalo line. I've loved the first 3 and I'm expecting the same from this. Crotalo might be the best new tequila out there right now.

Aroma: Sweet Agave, Ripe Fruit (banana, pineapple and a bit of citrus), light oak and vanilla. A simply awesome nose.
Initial Taste: Vanilla, agave, fruit and baking spice. Great initial mouth feel...almost velvety.
Body: Thick body, great legs. Awesome flavor on every part of the tongue. Still lots of great flavors. Agave, fruit and the spice notes are the most prominent.
Finish: A wonderful medium-long finish. The baking spice and a pepper gives a it nice linger. The oak, agave and fruit flavors mix together wonderfully as well.

Just like the rest of the line, this one is simply top notch. I'd compare it favorably with the extra anejo, but at half the price. This is a top 3 anejo for me. For $50, this is a very good buy and an excellent tequila.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 3 0