Agave Region
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila El Destilador Añejo

Tequila El Destilador Añejo is triple distilled 100% Blue Agave produced and bottled by Corporativo Destileria Santa Lucia, S.A. de C.V. Aged over one year in the finest white oak barrels, El Destilador Añejo is sure to please the most critical aficionados and consumers.

Established in 1946 by Señor Enrique Guillermo Newton Alexanderson, it has grown into one of the most respected Tequileras in the region. The producing distillery name "Tequilera Newton E Hijos" changed in 2011 to Corporativo Destileria Santa Lucia.

Photo by TEQUILA.net

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

89(1)
Initial Taste

89(1)
Body

90(1)
Finish

88(1)
Enjoyability

89(1)
Price

94(1)
Presentation

91(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

If you're an avid reader of the blog, you already know that I love a good value almost as much as I love a good tequila. So when I saw this one discounted, I decided to pounce. The bottle looks cool, the distillery is a good one and it's in front of me. What more reason do I need to sip?

Price: $25-30/bottle

Aroma: Sweet agave and rich caramel notes with a hint of oak.

Initial Taste: Vanilla, berries, oak and a touch of spice. Very nice entry.

Body: Medium-thin body for an anejo. Not all oily. You have to let it sit to get all of the flavors...which are pretty nice. Vanilla/caramel is the most prominent. Oak, berries and a hint of anise compliment it nicely.

Finish: Short finish with no agave punch. However, the sweetness and oak linger lightly for a bit and it is pleasant.

It's a very good tequila that could be a bit better. A thicker body would make this an awesome dessert tequila and evening sipper. A bit more agave taste would be nice too. With that said, the flavors overall are very good and in the $25 range, it's a darn good buy. I'd recommend this one for tequila lovers or those who are new to the game.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0