Agave Underground
NOM
Extraction Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Agave Underground Tequila Añejo

Agave Underground Tequila Añejo is 100% Blue Agave from the Highlands of Jalisco and produced at Hacienda de Oro. Agave Underground Añejo rests for 18 months in previously used Jack Daniel's Whiskey barrels.

Agave Underground Tequila comes in a coffin shaped bottle, with a skull head / mohawk stopper.

Photo by TEQUILA.net

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(2)
Initial Taste

92(2)
Body

93(2)
Finish

95(2)
Enjoyability

94(2)
Price

94(2)
Presentation

96(2)
on third bottle
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I just got my third bottle. I pretty much concur with Tequila Tourist on this one- only I added a few points because of the great aroma-nose, which I found to be wonderfully Maple like, and that came through on the finish as well. Great price for really good anejo. Smooth and tasty.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

There is little to no information on this tequila out cyber space, but I thought I'd give it a try because it's from a decent NOM and the price was right.

Aroma: Agave, Ripe citrus fruit (grapefruit), oak and a touch of vanilla.
Initial Taste: Sweet agave, wood and really nice combo of caramel and baking spices (cinnamon, cloves, etc)
Body: Medium thickness and semi-oily that coats the mouth well. The caramel and oak flavors are most prominent. Fruit flavors give it a nice light touch.
Finish: Nice medium length linger that is mostly spice and a touch of dark chocolate.

The bottle is great looking with a cool stopper as well. But this one isn't all gimmick. This is a really well thought out and crafted anejo. It's not an earthy/herbal spirit. This is a sweet and well aged tequila with lots of different flavors that work really well together. I'd highly recommend going and picking this one up.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0