La Pinta Pomegranate Infused Tequila

Hot
T April 10, 2007

88 (2)
37709 0 2 0 2

La Pinta proudly represents the union between two worlds:
Tequila, the National beverage of Mexico, and Pomegranate, a distinctive fruit from the Spanish Culture.

La Pinta ages for 12 months for full infusion of the Pomegranate juices with our 80 proof Clase Azul Blanco Tequila.

Per the Tequila Regulatory Council, the CRT, La Pinta is a Tequila infused with Pomegranate juice, and it is considered a "Specialty Distilled Spirit" per the ATF in the United States.

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(2)
Initial Taste

87(2)
Body

88(2)
Finish

87(2)
Enjoyability

89(2)
Price

86(2)
Presentation

89(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Bought this for the wife, paid $40 at local liquor store. Bottle is attractive, frosted red, a bit plain, has a screw top. Sampled from a large shot glass 3/15/10. The color is ... red, has a odd nose that tells you this is more like a juice with some alcohol than a tequila. Everything I enjoy about agave/tequila is missing here. My wife likes it... go figure, but she doesn't enjoy what makes tequila great. If she'll have a drink with me and this is what it takes so be it. If you like pomegranate more than agave, this is for you. To be fair, I am having trouble rating this "tequila", it just isn't typical from any perspective. At least my wife likes it!
Report this review Comments (1) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I tried this as I have had the pomegranate Margaritas at Rosa Mexicana and I thought I could duplicate them. I was wrong, the flavor when consumed straight is a bit sweet for my taste but when I used it in the margarita I got no pomegranate flavor coming through.
It was OK as a sipper but for my intended use it did not work
TB
Top 50 Reviewer 24 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0