Thread: Beer Town

Default Beer Town

My wife and I will be visiting Milwaukee next month as part of a summer-long celebration of our 40th anniversary. The town is obviously best known for beer -- you can tour several breweries if you choose -- but there must be a place or two where you can find a glass of tequila. Putting you to the test, Mr. Agave, and all other forum members.
    Last edited by MargaritaLover; July 28th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MargaritaLover View Post
    My wife and I will be visiting Milwaukee next month as part of a summer-long celebration of our 40th anniversary. The town is obviously best known for beer -- you can tour several breweries if you choose -- but there must be a place or you where you can find a glass of tequila. Putting you to the test, Mr. Agave, and all other forum members.
    Hi Wes, Happy anniversary to you and the lovely lady! I think I can help you out with your tequila quest in Brew City. Although I have never been there personally, I have a close friend who lives in Madison and has partied many times in Milwaukee. He raves about a place named La Perla (The Pearl). It is a Mexican restaurant and tequila bar with over 100 selections. He said depending on the night it can get pretty crazy. They have some kinda wacky mechanical red pepper in the front window that people actually try to ride after consuming muchos margaritas.....similar to a mechanical bull like the one in the Urban Cowboy movie!! Anyway, they have an outdoor dining patio and he said the food is very good as well as the premium margaritas. Check out the website at laperlahot.com. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Always check the map! Tequila Bars and Stores - TEQUILA.net

I see one in Milwaukee...
    La Perla Mexican Restaurant - TEQUILA.net

Head south and you'll find a few more.

Happy Anniversary, if u getdown to Chicago, I know at least four great tequila bars
    Tequila, el espíritu de mexico, mi quierido.

Default A Real Pearl

My wife and I discovered LaPerla yesterday while checking out Milwaukee online. We will be dining there with our daughter and son-in-law on our second night. Appreciate your followup, guys. This looks like it will be a great evening.

Default Windy City

Okay, Pina, bring them on. Wife and I will be in Chicago in September to cat sit (yup, that's right) for our youngest daughter while she and her husband take a trip to Europe. The felines require little attention which allows plenty of time to chase the blues and other things the Windy City has to offer. It would be most appreciated if you pointed us in the direction of some good tequila and a little mexican food.