Review Detail

Fortaleza Tequila Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     October 11, 2009    
Kudos for the presentation on this bottle. It is quite nice with the drawing of the stone mill and agave piña bottle stopper. It's eye catching and appealing. The tequila inside is nice but not fabulous. At first wiff the aroma is promising, with rich buttery notes followed by some herby underpinnings. The taste has nice bite and spiciness along with some pleasant hints of smoke and a good bit of sweetness. But the body and mouth feel are both too light for my personal taste in a reposado. My biggest objection to this tequila is the bitter finish. I loved the aroma, liked the initial flavor profile but then I got the hit of bitter on the back of the palate for which I did not care. This is a nice after work tequila and it's lightness makes it suitable for summer sipping.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Gayla J July 20, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

Kudos for the presentation on this bottle. It is quite nice with the drawing of the stone mill and agave piña bottle stopper. It's eye catching and appealing. The tequila inside is nice but not fabulous. At first wiff the aroma is promising, with rich buttery notes followed by some herby underpinnings. The taste has nice bite and spiciness along with some pleasant hints of smoke and a good bit of sweetness. But the body and mouth feel are both too light for my personal taste in a reposado. My biggest objection to this tequila is the bitter finish. I loved the aroma, liked the initial flavor profile but then I got the hit of bitter on the back of the palate for which I did not care. This is a nice after work tequila and it's lightness makes it suitable for summer sipping.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account