Review Detail

Milagro Tequila Select Barrel Reserve Reposado
Reposados
Submitted by Tequila.net     February 10, 2007    
Bought 1/15/10 paid ~$70 at costco, came in a gift pack of the three (anejo, Repo, blanco) barrel select tequilas in .375 ml. The bottle and overall display group is impressive and would be a great gift. Tasted the Anejo and Reposado back to back in a 6 oz. shot glass. The repo's color is light straw, no legs or tears just instant gathering on the glass. The repo has a smooth nose light agave/alcohol, very clean. Initial taste is smooth agave with a bit of a alcohol tinge the body is typical of an Repo, thiner than what I'm accustomed too but overall presence is good. Has a nice heated finish that lingers a bit, overall smooth and balanced, but without the more complex personality of it's older anejo brother. Awarded 89 for the tequila
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by sdnerf April 11, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (53)

Bought 1/15/10 paid ~$70 at costco, came in a gift pack of the three (anejo, Repo, blanco) barrel select tequilas in .375 ml. The bottle and overall display group is impressive and would be a great gift. Tasted the Anejo and Reposado back to back in a 6 oz. shot glass. The repo's color is light straw, no legs or tears just instant gathering on the glass. The repo has a smooth nose light agave/alcohol, very clean. Initial taste is smooth agave with a bit of a alcohol tinge the body is typical of an Repo, thiner than what I'm accustomed too but overall presence is good. Has a nice heated finish that lingers a bit, overall smooth and balanced, but without the more complex personality of it's older anejo brother. Awarded 89 for the tequila

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account