Agave Dos Mil Tequila Blanco

Tequila Review

NOM
Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume

Tequila Agave Dos Mil Blanco

Agave Dos Mil Tequila Blanco - Agave dos mil was born of Agave Tequilana, which is a company rich with experience and tradition in both, the cultivation of agave and the production of fine tequila.

Agave Dos Mil Tequila Blanco is 100% Blue Agave and is bottled directly after distillation. 

During the late XIX century, our Great, Great, Grandfather, Don Pedro Camerena, pioneered the widespread growth of agave in the region of Jalisco, Mexico, known as "Los Altos". Likewise, his tavern in Acumbaro, a district of Jesus Maria, Jalisco became the first distillery of Tequila in the area. With the experience of five generations we proudly offer to you "Agave Dos Mil".

Editor review

1 review
(Updated: July 21, 2008)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a Riedel Sommelier 7-21-08
Agave Dos Mil Blanco is clean and clear with silver and blue hues, and medium tears / body. The aromas present are Agave, mint tea and wet soil. Initial taste of sweet Agave, with hints of butter and orange, light body of smooth buttery Agave, with a mild heated finish and aftertaste consisting of spicy mint.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 35 0

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

87(1)
Initial Taste

89(1)
Body

90(1)
Finish

86(1)
Enjoyability

88(1)
Price

92(1)
Presentation

86(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My first experience with Agave Dos Mil (reposado) left me really impressed with the value and the overall flavor profile. There was a citrus element that had me really enjoying the flavors of the base juice along with the flavors added with the barrel aging. Thus, I fully expect to very much enjoy the base blanco for this line...particularly because I tend to like blancos with a citrus profile.

Price: $25-30/bottle

Aroma: A pleasant and light cooked agave flavor with floral hints and a bit of earth and citrus. Nice balance.

Initial Taste: Cooked agave, earth and pepper. Not much fruit to speak of.

Body: Medium-light body…not too oily. The flavors are what you’d expect (agave, earth, pepper), but are on the lighter end. There's a bit of citrus as well, but none of the flavors are bold. There's a nice, easy balancce.

Finish: A fairly short linger that is pleasant, but unremarkable. The pepper doesn't hit you and the earth doesn't linger on for very long either.

This is a fairly standard blanco offering with nice flavors, but also nothing too exciting. As a value brand, it would be worth it. It's a pleasant sipping blanco, but it is not something that will make you rush to tell a friend. The price is worth noting since you can find it in the $25 range. For that price, it's definitely worth picking up a bottle if you are looking for an easy drinking sipper or a high end mixer.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0