Semental
NOM
Agave Region
Extraction Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Semental Añejo

The exquisite bouquet of the Tequila Semental Añejo is the result of over one year of careful aging in the uniquely special hybrid barrica tequileras, which consist of American hybrid oak staves & French oak caps. Its characteristic flavor and consistency makes Tequila Semental Añejo an excellent choice for serving in brandy snifters.

In ancient times, land owners protected their agave fields with the bravest and most powerful bulls: SEMENTALS. Considered the leader of its breed, SEMENTAL roamed the valleys adorned with agave plants, while watching over this gifted land. Proprietor Efrain Lopez Gurza’s experience with a Semental bull in his youth gave him a deep respect for the Semental, and believes that a SEMENTAL is a prefect icon for his tequila: Tequila Semental, a taste of leadership for the next generation.

Photos by Tequila.net

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(1)
Initial Taste

92(1)
Body

92(1)
Finish

93(1)
Enjoyability

93(1)
Price

92(1)
Presentation

92(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I really really like this anejo. I'm thinking this brand is one of the more stand out brands of recent. This does not taste like a triple distilled tequila. Highly recommended.

Aroma: A 'fresh and fruity' agave nose. Not overbearing at all.
Initial Taste: A semi oily mouth feel. Very sweet upon entry. An initial taste of fruit. Interesting, since its a lowlands tequila. I expected earthy.
Body: A nicely balanced agave body with compliments of cinnamon, fruit.
Finish: Great finish. Nicely heated, and a nice sweet cinnamon agave lingering.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0