Peligroso
NOM
Oven Type
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Peligroso Tequila Reposado

Peligroso Tequila Reposado, 42% Alcohol Volume, 100% Blue Weber Agave Tequila, grown and harvested on a private estate in the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. Peligroso Reposado is aged in white oak whiskey barrels for 6 to 8 months.

Peligroso Tequila, which translates to dangerous, stands for everything about Mexico and its coveted spirit, Tequila.

Each Peligroso bottle is corked and numbered by hand, to certify it authenticity. The cork is a unique three-piece design made up of a natural cork stopper, real stained wood top and antiqued coin medallion.

Peligroso is the first brand to offer three separate types of glass to further distinguish the unique character of each type of Tequila. The Silver uses a crystal clear flint glass to reflect the purity of the juice. The Reposado uses a rustic finished glass to give more of an antiqued look to match the golden aged nature of the juice. Lastly, the Anejo is bottled in a sleek and mysterious satin black glass bottle that alludes to the complex layers and undertones of the long aged Tequila.

Photo by Tequila.net

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Peligroso Tequila Reposado * Tasted February 2011 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: light straw - slow tears
Aroma: light agave, apple and hint of caramel
Initial Taste: sweet agave, hint of berries
Spirit Body: sweet vegetal agave
Finish / Aftertaste: sweet citrus finish with light mint and artichoke aftertaste

Peligroso is a great brand, well balanced with great aromas and flavors.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(3)
Initial Taste

91(3)
Body

91(3)
Finish

93(3)
Enjoyability

92(3)
Price

90(3)
Presentation

91(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

A light nose, mostly agave, with some undertones of wood, vanilla, and some alcohol. A nice mouthfeel, oily and full with a fruity/sugary agave entry, immediately followed by a wallop of heat and spice, which slowly fades into a sweet spicy tingle that just won't go away - the finish is where this baby really shines. I love the punch of this tequila, but it lacks the richness and complication that makes the anejo such a stand-out.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Peligroso Reposado
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a reidel glass on 8/11/13. Bought for $44 at Total Wine and More. I don't usually pay this much for tequila. My specialty is for inexpensive (mostly $20) bottles. I may have to change my tune. This is good tequila, which probably reinforces the adage, "you get what you pay for." At any rate is increases my perspective and by knowing inexpensive tequilas, you can appreciate and better review the higher-priced cousins. I like everything about this tequila--the taste, the aroma, the finish. I can definitely use this for sipping. No doubt it makes a good margarita too. For me the aroma was all about agave and vanilla. The initial taste was also vanilla with caramel too. When others say fruity, I'm not sure what that means. I don't consider it too sweet like fruit, nor can I pick out a flavor of fruit, but I do detect the sugars in it. You don't have to pay this much for decent tequila, but i think this juice is worth the $$$ and well spent. The finish is easy, but just enough to gently warm your insides. The bottle is also gentle, elegant, but not ostentatious. It's not one of the fancier ones, but manly. Next, and just for fun, I will compare it to another reposado by the same distiller, the Distinqt brand from Trader Joe's. Until then, I love Peligroso. Salud.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The last of the Peligroso bunch for me. Let's just dive right in...

Aroma: Very similar to the silver. Lots of agave with a secondary nose of fruit (citrus and a bit of ripe pear/apple). Just of a touch vanilla sweetness to round it out

Initial Taste: Fruity agave with a nice hint of spice. A great entry.

Body: A wonderful fruity agave with spice continues on and a light hint of oak rounds out the sweetness nicely.

Finish: The oak is more present in the finish for sure. Combined with the agave and spice, it tastes like a spicy/fruity dark chocolate. The baking spice flavors linger around nicely.

NOM 1137 makes some stellar tequilas. This one is aged 6-8 months in new oak barrels and whatever happens in those 6-8 months is magic. There's lots of agave still present, but the complimentary flavors are very nice as well. From start to finish, this is a very good tequila. Even at the fairly premium price, this one is one that you should check out.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews