Porfidio Tequila Reposado

Hot
T January 01, 2007

94 (1)
32247 0 2 0 3
Porfidio Tequila Reposado

Tequila Porfidio Reposado

A Tequila collectors must have, a rare and hard to find Porfidio 1.0L Royal Blue Ceramic Reposado Tequila bottle. The limited Edition Royal Blue ceramic bottle contains Porfidio Reposado 100% Agave tequila.

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

90(1)
Initial Taste

95(1)
Body

95(1)
Finish

96(1)
Enjoyability

96(1)
Price

75(1)
Presentation

96(1)
What an honor
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I bought three bottles of this from the local liquor store about 15 years ago for $88.00 each. One sold on ebay a week later for $180.00, the second is unopened and I've been sipping off the 3rd one from time to time through the years. The latest episode was a blind taste test involving Don Camillo and Casa Noble reposados. the Aroma of Porfidio was agave and oak with very little fumes. Initial taste was very nice, very smooth with a bit of maple, then came the warmth and then a semi-sweet chocolate finish. Very full bodied stuff, very anejo like. Thinking back all these years this was the best reposado I had had, having suffered thought hundreds of bottles of cuervo 1800, and thinking that was good. I had tried Del Dueno anejo and thought that was the best. But you couldn't find a decent reposado in my town back then. Coming back to the present- Porfidio was the most full bodied of the three.(remember the Don Camillo and Casa Noble?) Porfidio is similar to Reserva del Senor, If you've ever tried that one. Ah, so many good tequilas to try and so little time to try them. Overall score 92 but only because of the price and availability.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0