Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred margarita?

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Default Re: What is your preferred margarita?

I know alot of you don't like mix, but, I have to watch my sugar intake, so I use Baja Bob's mix, it's sugar-free. I like it, although I do want to try agave nectar, they just started selling it in my local supermarket.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1
    I know alot of you don't like mix, but, I have to watch my sugar intake, so I use Baja Bob's mix, it's sugar-free. I like it, although I do want to try agave nectar, they just started selling it in my local supermarket.
    Agave Nectar is very low on the glycemic index (32), you'll have to report back once you've tried it and let us know what you think.

I found some nectar at the vitaminshop in town. im excited to try it tonight, would you mix agave nectar and triple sec with the lime? I like the orange flavor in my margarita but I dont want overpowering sweetness. so maybe just one or the other...?
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

I personally do not use any Triple Sec, it overpowers the flavor of the Tequila. If you want some of that orange flavor, buy an orange and squeeze a bit into the drink, or try a splash of Patron Citronge.

Once you have an all natural margarita, the rest taste like sugary koolaid.

Wow Mr A, I made the margaritas based on your method and they were great. I personally like them a little sweeter but it was so much better than Jose Cuervo or Master Of Mixes Margarita Mix!
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgave
    I personally do not use any Triple Sec, it overpowers the flavor of the Tequila. If you want some of that orange flavor, buy an orange and squeeze a bit into the drink, or try a splash of Patron Citronge.

Once you have an all natural margarita, the rest taste like sugary koolaid.
    That's certainly true if too much of any liqueur is used. my proportions are 2oz Tequila, 1/4oz triple sec, Juice of 1 lime and 1/2 a meyer's lemon, teaspoon of agave nectar.
    “I’d hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.”<br />- - Hunter S. Thompson

If u want a real bargain on a blanco thats amazing, try Don Agustin Blanco. It may be a little hard to find. Fortunately, theres a liquor store by me that stocks it, and even at 32 bux a bottle, its in my top 5. Its very smooth and can be sipped or mixed. For the price, it cant be beat.

My preferred margarita is Blanco tequila, Agave nectar, and lime. But I prefer to sip my blanco straight.

In the summer Ill do Palomas.
    Tequila, el espíritu de mexico, mi quierido.

Well I finally got around to trying your recipe, Mr. A. I must say, it is quite good. My wife and I are sipping them right now. I will add a little bit more agave syrup next time, I didn't add as much as you said, I only put 3 teaspoons for 2 drinks, definitely needs 4. BTW, I used Vida Blanco, next one I'll try La Certeza Repo, I still have 6 bottles from the last shoppersvineyard closeout.

Glad you like it, did you taste how different each margarita is by using different brands and going from a blanco to a repo? That's the best part, the Tequila actually dictates the flavor, its not the overpowering standard sugar mix controlling the taste...

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1
    Well I finally got around to trying your recipe, Mr. A. I must say, it is quite good. My wife and I are sipping them right now. I will add a little bit more agave syrup next time, I didn't add as much as you said, I only put 3 teaspoons for 2 drinks, definitely needs 4. BTW, I used Vida Blanco, next one I'll try La Certeza Repo, I still have 6 bottles from the last shoppersvineyard closeout.

Yes, I did notice the difference. I think I still like the repo better. I also still have to get the ratio down, the one I just made is a little too sweet. I guess the 3rd one will be the charm.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast