Thread: Paloma JB style

Default Paloma JB style

Margin raper!!!

3oz Repo, I used Muchote
    5-6oz Grapefruit soda, Whole Foods Italian Grapefruit soda
    1/2 lime juiced
    over ice and garnish with a lime

Made some of these today after installing some lighting on my patio. So I can see these wonderful paloma's. My week old bottle of Muchote is now GONE but damn is was worth it.

You may want to try adding a bit of salt... that's how I have been drinking my palomas... or you may not want to

that actually sounds like it would be really good with it. I'll have to try it this weekend, or I could go home for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboots View Post

3oz Repo, I used Muchote
    5-6oz Grapefruit soda, Whole Foods Italian Grapefruit soda
    1/2 lime juiced
    over ice and garnish with a lime

Made some of these today after installing some lighting on my patio. So I can see these wonderful paloma's. My week old bottle of Muchote is now GONE but damn is was worth it.
    Made my first Paloma last night using Fresca and was surprised how good it was. I used the El Pobre blanco instead of the repo and it worked just fine. Nice change of pace from the margarita, I'll be making more tonight, great drink.

It's a great change of pace from a marg. I dont think I've ever tried one with a blanco but it's on the list to try.

Lately I've been using the mexican squirt and fresca. The Asian market near me stocks both in sugar versions. It's been so long since I used the whole foods soda I cant even remember it

Lately I've been using the mexican squirt and fresca. The Asian market near me stocks both in sugar versions. It's been so long since I used the whole foods soda I cant even remember it
    I'm not a fan of Fresca but it certainly works with this drink. Is Squirt the next best option?
    Stay Frosty

It's a great change of pace from a marg. I dont think I've ever tried one with a blanco but it's on the list to try.

I always thought Fresca was strictly a diet drink, but I see the mexican version has sugar. Might need to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I'm not a fan of Fresca but it certainly works with this drink. Is Squirt the next best option?
    I have used Squirt in a pinch but I prefer to use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and a splash of club soda for the fizz....agave nectar for the natural sweetness.
    Here is my recipe for the Tiki Paloma:
    2 1/2 ozs. 100% Voodoo Tiki Reposado (or your favorite repo)
    2 ozs. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
    1 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice (preferably Florida key lime if available)
    1 oz. Organic light agave nectar(adjust for desired sweetness)
    Generous splash of club soda.

Fill shaker glass with ice and add all ingredients except club soda. Shake well and remove shaker top. Add club soda and pour into a sugar rimmed glass of choice. Garnish rim with grapefruit wedge. Salud!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Jim's recipe is definitely the best option but for the grapefruit juicing inclined. Squirt works pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by totallytequila View Post
    I have used Squirt in a pinch but I prefer to use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and a splash of club soda for the fizz....agave nectar for the natural sweetness.
    Here is my recipe for the Tiki Paloma:
    2 1/2 ozs. 100% Voodoo Tiki Reposado (or your favorite repo)
    2 ozs. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
    1 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice (preferably Florida key lime if available)
    1 oz. Organic light agave nectar(adjust for desired sweetness)
    Generous splash of club soda.

Fill shaker glass with ice and add all ingredients except club soda. Shake well and remove shaker top. Add club soda and pour into a sugar rimmed glass of choice. Garnish rim with grapefruit wedge. Salud!
    I have made a version of this with Bourbon a couple times and it turned out very good - though I cut the lime by about 1/3 (because I seem to be hyper-sensitive to lime) and used about 2/3 oz of maple syrup, because it is much richer than agave nectar.