Campo Azul Tequila Reposado

Hot
T September 25, 2007

87 (4)
35214 0 1 0 2
Campo Azul Tequila Reposado

Tequila Campo Azul Reposado

Campo Azul Tequila Reposado is 100% Agave, and aged for four months in white oak barrels.

Campo Azul Select Series is a line of products specially developed for aficionados with a demanding palate, that enjoy products of quality and finesse.

The full line of Campo Azul Tequilas carry an authentic hologram, partially covering the cap of the bottle, to guarantee the quality and safety of the contents.

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

84(4)
Initial Taste

86(4)
Body

87(4)
Finish

88(4)
Enjoyability

88(4)
Price

91(4)
Presentation

88(4)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aroma: Light agave, cinnamon, alcohol

Taste: Sweet agave, spice, pepper, mild heat. Medium-long finish.

Body: Medium body, slight oilliness.

At $34 Campo Azul Repo is a decent option, but nothing that sets itself apart from several $20-$25 Repos.
T
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I had really high hopes for this one since I knew it was from the same distillery as Clase Azul. It's a totally different tequila, of course, but it just didn't have much special about it that made we want to rave to my friends.

Aroma: Agave, spice and a bit of alcohol.
Initial Taste: Agave, Cinnamon spice and still a bit of alcohol burn. Very consistent with the nose.
Finish: This was the best aspect. It has a very nice spicy ending. The alcohol heat was there, but there was a nice pepper linger that lasted long after I was finished drinking.

It's not my favorite tequila by any means and I think that this would be a good mixer. One of the big problems that I've found with this brand is that I've seen it as high as $45 and as low as $20. For $20, it's definitely worth a shot as a sipper or high end spicy mixer...for $45, you can do much better. Make sure that you shop around. My bottle was purchased from Wine & Liquor Depot.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Margarita on the rocks is my poison. I was extremely impressed with Campo Azul's Reposado. While I do not consider myself a tequila connoisseur, I have had my share of tequilas, and this is a quality mid-grade tequila that's reasonably priced.

2 oz Tequila
1 oz Freshly squeezed lime juice
1 oz Tres Agaves Agave Nectar
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Campo Azul Reposado Tequila, NOM 1416. Very light amber/yellow in color with a slight agave taste & alcohol nose. The first taste is sweet with a slight tingling sensation of alcohol & a hint of cinnamon. The sweetness & tingling continued through the body & finished in the middle of the tongue in a long, almost effervescent fashion. This tequila is moderately smooth but not as smooth as other reposados in the same class. Good price is it's most positive attribute. B-/B