Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any cigar fans out there?

Default Re: Any cigar fans out there?

Today I purchased an Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro, an Arte Cubano, another Cojimar Flavored, and a Doble Fuerte Aliados....

I got them in a grab bag pack for 10 bucks....which isnt a bad deal considering they are all 5.00 cigars.

They should go well with what is left of my DJ 1942 bottle I bought last night. I did manage to save 3 ounces for a review today....but that was it! I LOVED THE 1942 but not at first. It wasnt until my second and third taste that the tequila grew on me and it was delicious.
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

A nice Cuban Cohiba and a glass of Anejo. There's a little slice of heaven. You may also like Macanudos. There my budget friendly favorites.
    GO BROWNS!!!

Choiba is next on the list, I've heard nothing but good things about Cohiba cigars...they are just expensive.

I picked up an Acid Kuba Kuba 54 Ring guage....I know gsars mentioned his neighbor smoked Acid cigars so hopefully I made a good pick....smells great if I can get over all the herbs, oils and botanical aromas and cost me under 10 for the single. I'll give it a try with some Fina Estampa Blanco tonight; which is now one of my favorite blancos....

What a great start to the weekend

Cohibas are definitely overpriced, but tasty. Another good one in the $10-15 range is the Opus X from Arturo Fuente. The C.A.O. Brazilia, and Macanudo are my favorites in the $6 area, and easily my most smoked. The Acids are just OK to me. They make a great product that burns well, but the subtle flavors just aren't for me. Cigars are very a much personal preference though.
    GO BROWNS!!!

Just like tequila, I agree cigars are a personal preference. As for the ACID Kuba Kuba...it was "ok"....the flavor of the cigar was decent and I liked the sweeter wrap on it although it did remind me of some kind of sugar oil. The wrap was very oily but burned smooth and even. The aromas were like taking a mouthful of flowers though and not like your typical cigar. Then when I realized they used over 100 additives to give that flavor I was contemplating what I had just smoked! For 8.00 I couldnt say that it was bad at all although I have had much worse and better in the same price range.

Apparently the Kuba Kuba is the most popular of ACID's line so I'm not sure if I will get any again or not. Thanks for the input on others available in the same price range. Just like tequila, there are so many options when I walk into a cigar shop...

I had a Macanudo Maduro last night with some 4 Copas Anejo. I thought they were a pretty nice match. The Macanudo is a very smooth cigar IMO. It's not overwhelmingly strong, even with the dark wrapper.
    GO BROWNS!!!

What you need to do is find a friend who is into cigars, and somewhat knowledgeable of them. You bring the tequila, they bring the cigars...

Cant really go wrong there now can ya....

5 Vegas Gold has been a go to stick for me the past few days, I was given a box after Brayden was born a few days ago. I love them. I also got a Montecristo Maduro and a Romeo Y Julieta Box Pressed Maduro...I've never had a box pressed...it looks interesting to say the least.

But as I have mentioned previously, my favorite cigar has been the Romeo Y Julieta Reserva, Veronicas Court Tubo....I think it says Veronicas Court on it, I could be completely wrong. But its easy to find and relatively cheap, you will be pleasently surprised.

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Just a reminder that the cigar tax goes into effect on April 1 . If you buy your cigars online you better stock up, the tax is estimated to be approx. .70 cents a cigar with a cap of $3 per. I'll be placing my order soon.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

Hey Bn,
    I'm not a real big cigar guy but I keep a small box of Cohiba "Miniatures" at my home tequila bar. There are 10 individually wrapped cigars to a box and cost about $10.99. They are made to the same standards as the larger Cohiba cigars rolled in the Dominican Republic. They are mild yet flavorful & burn real nice. I like to enjoy one occasionally with a snifter of anejo. They are also nice to offer to my cigar smoking friends who stop by the bar. I am very fortunate to live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Locally there is a town named Ybor City that has a long history of small family owned cigar shops. You can walk along the cobblestone streets and see many older Cuban gentleman sitting outside their shops hand rolling beautiful premium cigars. Enjoy!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast